Monday, April 28, 2014

Jerry Garcia Wall Mural Pic A Day

Roaming around town, I decided to take a couple shots of the Jerry Garcia mural in Little Italy. This has been up for a long time and when it was first painted about 10 years ago some jerks shot it with paint ball guns. The whole neighborhood went nuts about it, they found the perpetrators, and nobody has ever messed with it since. YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE JERRY !

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone with Gimp and try to experiment with some of the different filters and effects the program has to offer. The second image was my attempt at making a psychedelic sky. I made a simple mask around the rooftops with the free select tool, and then I used the fractal filter to get the trippy sky. For my first attempt I'm happy, but think I could get this better. I want to really start manipulating some of the different photos I've taken.

Jerry Garcia mural, Little Italy, North Buffalo NY
Jerry Garcia mural with Gimp sky manipulation. I created a mask with the free select tool. Used the fractal filter, and the sun looking thing is the sparks brush that comes with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment